Saturday, March 22, 2008

Turtles, Turtles, Turtles!

And the Winner Is..... ......still undecided! Even though the "Poll" left the solid carved turtle in the dust, being an habitual champion of the underdog, I just can't leave him behind! (Solid, buisness decision, right?) All three are set to be produced. You can see them Sunday afternoon by visiting the Early Bird page. The accessories, ditties*, are un-turtle-like but there is an explanation. That, too, will be on the Early Bird page. I simply do not know why I agonize over these things so. They take on a life of their own.
My preference is "plain olde" drawing and carving but these days, in order to have stamps produced, computer "intervention" is necessary. The images are transmitted to the manufacturer via a PDF file which means delving into the mysteries of Photoshop and Illustrator. Both are heavy duty, complex, meant-for-professionals, programs. A small draw program would be fine with me, (there aren't any out there anymore). A simple photo editing software would do. (There may be some of those available, but the learning curve scares me off.) What I have is rather like driving a two ton truck when I'm licensed for a stick shift compact! Way too much power. Both programs keep getting away from me!
The worst is over. The stamp sets are almost ready. A few more tweaks and nudges and the sets with their companion stamps will be posted in the Gazette on the EarlyBird page. You've all been helpful. By being there. By being heard. You strengthened my flagging resolve. I've finished the hurdle jumping now--it's done. Imagine how frenetic I could get if I were doing something really important!!! Thanks everybody. Charlotte * Ditties--A technical term : ) coined by customer Linda Blackbird to describe tiny little stamps, meant to be used with a specific image. =====================================================================